Who we are
The British Society of Abortion Care Providers (BSACP) is a multi-professional organisation formed to promote best practice, education, training and research in abortion care. The aim of the BSACP shall be to improve the standard of abortion care in the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and its Crown Dependencies.
What we do
The BSACP serves its members by providing a forum for professional development and networking, as well as by raising the profile of the specialty and improving understanding amongst those responsible for abortion-related policy, guidance, commissioning, regulation and training.
How we will do this
- Organise scientific and business meetings at national and regional levels to address clinical and other advances in abortion care
- Host a fully functional website
- Administrate a closed web-based forum for discussion between members
- Provide continuing professional development opportunities
- Act as an expert resource for clinical queries from healthcare professionals and to organisations that develop clinical guidance
- Create a consumers’ forum
- Provide advice to the UK government, commissioners and other national bodies on developing and improving abortion care
- Raise and set standards of training in abortion care at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels by providing a network of support through discussion, study, communication and exposure to the services and women who need them
- Promote the work of and provide support to the abortion care research community
- Foster and further develop links with the Royal College of Obstetrician and Gynaecologists, Faculty of Sexual and Reproductive Healthcare, Royal College of Nurses, Royal College of Midwives and other professional bodies